Friday, April 5, 2013

Prone to "wonder."


I read a blog the other day by a man named Jon Bloom. He had a neat outlook and perspective on our "wonderment." In this blog, he stated, "The devil is going to do his level best to keep you stupid and senseless." Meaning, Satan does not want us to wonder about things (for lack of a better word). He hates us wondering because it has a great tendency to lead us to worship.


I might be the only one, but when I get to wondering, it more times than not leads me to do the opposite of worshipping my God. It usually leaves me burdened, lonely, frustrated, and confused. My "I wonder's" quickly become, "God, why...?" That's why I know the Lord used this man and his words to uplift and encourage me when I get to wondering about all of the unknowns in my life. Those unknowns that are all so worthy of my worship. I sure an thankful for His gentle, loving reminders...


I have lots that I "wonder" about on a daily basis. I wonder about Teacon. I wonder when God's going to take him out of Haiti so he can live with his Mama and Papa. When he can be with his parents who love him and are ready to take care of, hug and kiss, play with, read to, feed, pray over, and raise him. I wonder about my guy. My husband. I wonder where he lives, what he looks like, how he's serving the Lord, how we're going to meet, when I get to finally marry him, what kind of fun and crazy adventures we're going to go on. I wonder about my students. I wonder what they are going to be like and what they will be doing when they grow up. I wonder if I am having an impact on their lives at all. I wonder about my babes in Haiti. I wonder what they're doing. I wonder if they've been hugged and played with today. I wonder when I will get to see them again. I wonder what year 26 as Katie Hurt has to bring. I wonder about Heaven. I wonder what exactly it looks like, sounds like, feels like. I wonder what it's going to be like to see Jesus face to face, to hold his hands, to bow at His feet. I wonder, I wonder, I wonder.


It's ok to wonder. We need to let ourselves wonder. I want my wondering to lead me to radically worship the One who has in all planned out, and like Hebrews 1:3 says, "is upholding it all by the word of His power." To claim this leaves me no other option than worshipping God during times of uncertainties. Trusting His already awesome future for my life gives me so much peace and excitement. Instead of feeling discouraged that Teacon is not 2 1/2 hours up the road, I can be that much more excited that he will be soon. Instead of being impatient about meeting my guy, I have so very much to look forward to, and I will treasure and cherish him like crazy. I can rest in peace that Jesus is wrapping His arms around those kids in Haiti when I cannot. I get to enjoy blessings from my students everyday. And Heaven. Wow. I just can't wait to get there.


Satan's going to hate it. He wants us stupid, distracted and deceived. "If he can't damn us, he'll try to dumb us"...and we just have to resist. Jesus loves you so much, and He has such good things planned for your life. I can promise that because He has already promised it. Cease striving and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). Claiming that verse everyday. Wonder and allow yourself to become overwhelmed by not only what you have coming, but also by the most ordinary things around you.


I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

1 comment: