Monday, March 4, 2013

The Bachelor and Katie.


The Bachelor.  Ahhhh. After reading those two words I'm sure there were many thoughts like, "Those girls are crazy" or "I just don't know why anyone would think they could find love like that" or "My goodness, Tierra is a mental case." You know it's true. No one talks about the show and admits to it being a legit way to find your soulmate. Maybe a legit way to find some fame and attention from random strangers who you will never meet, but no way to find love. 


I'm guilty and watch the show. You're shocked right now. I know! In fact, I haven't missed an episode. I haven't missed many in the past seasons either. If you know me, you already know this and accept it. Thank you. :) Is it because I'm such a sucker for a good love story and think it's the most romantic thing in the world? Nope, not at all. Don't get me wrong, I do love love stories (shout out to Nicholas Sparks), but that's not what I find interesting about The Bachelor. I pick a girl, and then I watch to see if she's the final one. I get into it. It's a game. And that is why in the back of my mind, I can't help but feel sad for these girls.


I'm single, so I somewhat feel like I can relate. Minus the ridiculous drama! Just like me, these girls obviously desire and look forward to finding someone to love and do life with. I get it. What makes me sad is that they get to such a hopeless point in their "singleness" that reality television seems like the only other option left. Never mind the fact that their hearts, which are so treasured by God Himself are put out on the table to not be treated with care the way Christ desires...and more than likely by someone God never intended on them marrying in the first place. See where I'm going with this? Girls...we can't be so impatient and vulnerable. 


This is the point where writing my thoughts and heart on the subject matter can become cheesy and cliche. However, God has better plans that are totally worth waiting for. It's just how it is. As a believer, I don't have to feel the need to take this area of my life into my own hands.  I don't have to feel hopeless, or lonely, or unloved, or even single. I get to be married to Christ, and He protects my heart way better than any guy out there. I get this time with Him as He prepares me to meet and adore and love and respect my husband with my whole heart. That's just exciting stuff right there. And let me just add that I think my guy will be way hotter than Sean Lowe. ;)


The Bachelor is entertaining, I'll give it that. But I hope and pray it doesn't paint an unrealistic picture to young girls out there of what falling in love looks like. Let's focus on falling in love with Christ and our relationship with Him, and He promises us the desires of our hearts. That being someone who will pursue God first, us next. Someone who's heart for the Lord trumps any amount of muscle on his body. No games. No competing for attention. No doubts or questions. Don't settle. Don't take the search into your own hands. You might miss something during the wait. :) 


#teamchristine

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your precious heart!! Your future hubby is one BLESSED man! We love you, Katiebug. Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do love you Miss Hurt! YOu are one amazing gal!! Enough SAid!

    ReplyDelete